Welcome to the NHS GG&C Diabetes Website.
Please browse through the menu on the right / below to find information about diabetes.
A few facts about Diabetes
- Approximately 2.5 million people in the UK have diabetes
- It is estimated that up to half a million people have diabetes but have not yet been diagnosed
- Around 85 percent of people with diabetes have type 2 diabetes
- Around half of all people newly diagnosed with diabetes will have one or more complications
On a positive note:
- Current treatments are very effective
- The more you know about diabetes, the more you can do to help yourself stay healthy
- You can lead the sort of life you want to live, and avoid the health problems associated with diabetes in later life