Clinical Pathology Accreditation
Reference: CPA 2923
South Glasgow Biochemistry has been assessed against CPA Quality standards to demonstrate a safe, reliable and continuously improving service for the benefit of our patients.
Specialist onsite services include Metabolic, Toxicology and Electrophoresis.
The department is based at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital (QEUH). The laboratory is located on Level 1 of the New laboratory building, opposite the main entrance to the QEUH.
The routine operating hours are :
0900 to 1700 hrs Monday to Friday
0900 to 1230 hrs Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
An out of hours service is operated at all other times by BMS staff, which offers a reduced repertoire of tests. There is also an on call consultant who may be contacted via Switchboard.
A small satellite blood science laboratory is also located at the New Victoria ACH and operates between Mon-Fri 9am-5 pm only.
Laboratories Building, Level 1, Facilities Building
Queen Elizabeth University Hospital
The laboratory contact number is 0141 354 9060, and you should select the appropriate option for your request.
1) Paediatric emergency, paediatric add-on requests, paediatric sample requirements.
2) Results, general enquiries, adult add-on requests
3) Advice on sample requirements for adult specimens
4) Interpretation of results, clinical advice and emergency requests for adult patients
5) Point of care enquiries/advice