This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. I'm fine with this Cookie information
Cookie Control

Accessing Health Records and personal information

Health Records are exempt from Freedom of Information legislation, and therefore cannot be requested under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act.

If you wish to access your Health Records, as a general rule you should contact the person responsible for managing records at the place where you have been treated.  In most cases this will be the Health Records Manager if your treatment took place in a hospital, or the Practice Manager at your GP surgery. 

Further information on how to access health records, including a downloadable leaflet, can be found at Access to Records / Seeing your notes or from Health Rights Information Scotland

Find contact details for Hospitals within NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde

Find contact details for GP Surgeries within NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde